Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Lessons Learned, and NO JUDGEMENT!!!

Final thoughts:

It is interesting to look back and see how God has shaped you for certain things.

It is interesting to see who he put into your life to prepare and better you to be an instrument for Him.
Yesterday I had to say goodbye to the one I love. To my Mike Woodfield. He is the love of my life. People try to give advice. People say "you know, girls don't HAVE to serve a mission. You aren't required." or "how come you're still going when you have the opportunity to marry someone you know is the one?" or my favorite, "are you sure this is the right thing...?"

What I've learned is not to judge. I don't know the whole story like these sweet people don't know mine. I cant see what happens behind closed doors, what conversations are exchanged behind the scenes. I cannot hear the deep sincere prayers, see the struggle, or know all the dynamics. and i definitely don't know what kind of relationship that person has with their Father in Heaven. it is not my place to question their spirituality and their decision making.
I found that i draw the most strength and i love the people who just give support. Who cast no judgement and recognize the sacrifice and support me for it. POSITIVE feed back. That's what I NEED.
Mike's sister said, "what if we treated everyone like they were going through some sort of trial? we would be way more Christ like. We would be more genuine, and they would feel God's love more!" I want to live like this. You never know what someone is dealing with. But if you just treated everyone, weather happy or sad, with overwhelming love, compassion and support in their efforts and decisions, life would be so much more bearable.

Back when I went through the temple for the first time, Sister Allen made the experience even sweeter. And i made a life friend.
She looked at me and said "Your name is Morgan?" I said, "Yes" she looked into my eyes, like she was looking into my soul, and she said "My brand new grand daughter's name is Morgan, and you have the same eyes." she became emotional. Then she asked  "Are you here for marriage or mission?" I said a Mission. She grew even more emotional and told me that i was doing the right thing.
Afterwards, we were taking pictures in front of the temple and she came out. I ran to her and said "Sister Allen, thank you for making this an even more incredible experience." Mike was standing next to me and I introduced them.
I wont lie, I'm hesitant sometimes because of the reactions we've gotten. But her reaction was priceless. She got so excited! She asked if he was waiting for me. We told him he was. She got even MORE excited!
Well she gave us her phone number and asked us to keep in touch.
Yesterday, we went to say goodbye and see ya later. We visited her home. She made us feel so loved. Like a million bucks!!! By the end of our visit, she said EXACTLY what we  needed to hear. It was the most meaningful tender mercy of this experience.
She gestured to us and said "God applauds This."

We know God is proud of us. We know that We are being obedient. And because we are obedient, and we are keeping God's commandments and keeping our covenants, We WILL be blessed.
I have so much faith in that.

And here we go. The hardest part is over. it is all down hill from here.
The Church is true! God is in control and only He and I know what is going on. He loves me and will take care of me. He loves each of us. HE has a different plan for each of us. Its a beautiful thing.

Here we go.
Love Sister Morgan Gonzales. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment