Thursday, August 15, 2013

Peru or Bust!

So tomorrow morning at about 3:00 am i will be on my way to peru. and by 10:30 pm I should be in Lima. Here we go! Its funny that as soon as i stop praying for my Visa, it comes. as soon as i felt like we were getting somewhere here, they move me. BUt i have learned so much. When i think of Chino CA i think "always On Purpise, with Purpose". that is how i tried to live my days as a missionary. I think of the amazing food and the sweet Latinas. I am excited to get to know a whole new culture!
 
But, here is the report from this last week:
 
- Friday morning we woke up to a hellicopter circling our complex. it circled for about an hour and a half to 2 horus. and towards the end we heard it saying through a speaker "to the police on the groud... take caution of...." come to find out, there was a police chase and a fugitive hanging in our complex. you bet we locked the doors and hid! ok we didnt hide. but i defininutely wanted to. we passed about 7 cop cars with several dogs on our way out too. Wish i knew more details, but at the same time i dont really want to know what danger there really was.
 
-Sunday, the bishop asked me to bear my testimony for the last time in the ward. It was really sad. I have really grown to love this ward. the Chino ward. and i feel like i have grown close with the members, we relied on the members a lot, and they took good care of us. with all the meals and mexican food babies. i might have gotten a little emotional while mearing my thanks and testimony to them. It was sweet. it was also very rewarding when a member came up and told me that they remembered my first testimony, and were impressed with the amount of growth they could see from then to now. :) YAY! not all hope is lost!
 
I got 2 sweet packages this week! and i know there is one on they way from my very own dear sweet mother! I really am spoiled. I recieved a great package from Miss Heidi! thanks for the goodies Heidi! and i got a package of Mama Jeane B's cookes! SO GOOD! I have a lot of great women in my life. Thanks to all my moms! what a blessingt! i really do feel like a spoiled sister missionary. <3
 
-and last night was my last Noche De Hogar with the ward.
while we were setting up, this lady, Suemy, brought her family to come say good bye. Let me tell you something about Suemy. She is an investigator, we found her through a referral, but she didnt even know who they were! she is the sweetest little lady with 4 kids. She came to our free English class and brought her two houngest kids. they already know enlish, so i played volley ball with them. well we got talking to her, and instead of english, she really opened up to us. her husband has put her through a lot. and she wants really bad to turn things around. she is so patient with him, and is doing her best to raise her kids right. I KNOW that she needs this gospal. well we havent even had an official first lesson with her, but while we were setting up for noche de hogar, she brought her whole family, husband, all four kids and a little friend, to come say sorry for missing church, sorry they couldnt come to Noche De Hogar, but they wanted to say bye to me!~ the little kids each brought me a hand picked rose, and a card, with earings in side. SO SWEET! then Suemy asked if her kids could have pix with me. it melted my heart. Latinos are the most giving, heart warming, kind people on the planet! they hardly know me, and they made me feel so loved! i just pray that they get baptised!!!
 
Suemy and her sweet family <3

 
another similar story: Leslie cried. this 14 year old girl we found, needs friends. we have become her friends, and we have taught her two lessons. Its hard for her to come to church cause she doesnt have a ride, and she is under age, adn her parents are in Mexico, so its hard to get permission. BUT she is a sweet girl with a desire to learn more about God. on our second lesson she had marked some things in her BOM and had drawn each of us a picture and given us a stack of mickey mouse stickers. she lvoes us. when I told her it was my last day and she cried. and it made me feel so bad! i hope she gets baptised too!
 
Cute Leslie
 
 
Noche De hogar: we did the plan of Salvation, and it was yet another miracle that it turned out they way that it did. we set it up so that tehy were on an air plane, us hermanas the flight attendetns, and they "died" on the plane and had to go to one of the 3 kingdoms. we had an elder represent judgement and split up families into the right kingdoms. it was sad but awesome! it really put things in perspective for a lot of people. includeing me. there was a family of three, who all went to the celestial kingdom, who in reality are preparing to go through the temple!@ we had them bear their testimony and it was beautiful. the spirit was strong, and it was such a good experience. SUCCESS!
 
Noche de Hogar
 
 
hindu temple- last p day we found this Hundu temple. it was BEAUTIFUL! very detailed, learned alot about their religion. did you know they worship shrines? they feed, bathe, dress, these statures every day. they put little avatars on a little swing and you can go swing them and they call that their "recreation" time. very strange. we did not participate (obviously) but it was neat to learn. :)
 


The Hindu temple is so incredibly detailed! They do everything by chisel and hammer in India then ship it here and assemble it in front of a visitors center.

 
 
well that is the latest and greatest. im excited to call my fam (and bf) tomorrow! until next monday, where ill have peruvian adventures. :)
com amor
Hurrah for Israil!
Hermana Gonzales
 
 
PS. porter you and your bride look BEAUTIFUL! i hope you got my letter!!!! moseltoph (idk how to spell)
 
 
Piano lessons

Aunt Carol Sevens and Sis. Moe Gonzales :)

Fun service project



That one P-Day when I dropped my whole wallet in the washing machine. I noticed it was missing just in time. :0 Ya, everything was wet but it's ok.
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment