Monday, August 5, 2013

Food Babies and Dopplegangers

Dearest Family and Friends,
 
 this has been a fantastic first transfer. I feel like a real missionary!
from this week:
-piano lessons: I put together a class every tuesday morning where i teach piano lessons for FREE! first of all, i have never taught an actual class before.... i do better one on one. especially when we only have one piano. secondly, i have NEVER, nor did i ever imagine i would be giving lessons in SPANISH! that my friends.... is a whole other ball park! i have a lot to learn. but it went well. one of the rules for the class, is that you have to bring a friend. and we had 3 non members come! it really works! Thank you Heavenly Father for this brilliant idea, and for helping me teach! it truly was a miracle that they learned anything. It was a good experience. I have another classtomorrow!
 
(see pic below)
this is what happens when you have two authentic mexican meals in one day.
Three months later im starting to show! (heheheh)
yay for mexican food babies
 (see other photo below)
this guy is JUST LIKE BEETHOVEN! and he is a PRO! he is lds, and has about 40 shows a week. he travels around so he only comes to our ward every once in a while.
as you can see from the pic, his music made the patriarch's wife cry.
he's THAT good.
 
 
so the elders had a baptism this week, and they didnt have anything for when the guy was changing, so last minute, (as in right before the baptism) they asked me to do a musical number.... uhhhhh ok.... so then and there, i arranged my favorite hymn "how Great Thou Art" on the piano..... yes. ARRANGED! do i arrange hymns? NO that is Chaz's forte! BUT, some how, i pulled it off. I know it wasnt me. I'm pretty sure, God sent all of his musically inclined angels to come down and move my fingers to bring the spirit. I dont know how it happened, but it did. and the spirit was there, and it turned out ok! YAY! miracles!
then, i finished.... and there was still time to fill.... uh oh. so i look at the missionaries and whisper "Get up here!" they came up, not knowing what we were doing, and i started playing a hymn ( another arrangement) adn they sang. :) Va Equipo! (go team!)_we pulled it off, filled the time, and kept the spirit. It was a beautiful baptism, and i was SO GRATEFUL that the Lord helped me out!
-got called tinkerbell this week
 thought that was a strangely appropriate parallel drawn....
 
oh ps:
I got a funny call this week from the mission office:(and every time the office calls my heart drops cause i think they are calling about my visa!)  they said: "Hna Gonzales, are you still looking for your scriptures?" i said "no..... i never lost my scriptures." they said "oh well there was an hermana who left them at the mtc and we thought it was you. never mind".... and i thought. "thats it???? you're not getting away that easy!" so i said to the elder "no that wasnt me, sorry good luck, but i AM still waiting for my Visa! any word?" he said "well. im not supposed to tell you too much, but i got an email about 30 minutes ago with a list of names of missionaries who need to be in peru by the 13th, and i can tell you that your name is on that list. but thats all you can know. sorry. bye"
AHHHHHHHH I WAS FREAKING OUT! i dont know much, i dont know if i officially have a visa, but i KNOW IM GOING TO PERU! omg omg omg omg is this really happeneing???
well. not sure yet.thats all i know.
ill keep ya posted! i have one more week  and then im gone. but i dont really know how i feel about it. its really bitter sweet. im going to miss my comps (who btw didnt get transfered) and im goin gto miss this ward, that i really have grown to love, and im nervous for a new culture and a countly where there is absolutely NO english.... it will be good for me thought. and I know im in the Lord's hands. so all is well in israil.
 
Well, thats the latest and greatest
Hurrah for Israil! the church is true!
 
Love Hna. Moe Gonzales
xoxo
 
My Mexican food baby

Beethoven's doppelganger
 

No comments:

Post a Comment