Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Conference Weekend - a piece of home

dearest ALL! yes EVRYONE!! 

this week:
played my uke. in the multi zone. was sweet. did an arrange ment of Come thou Fount and How great thou art (the two themes of my mission) in inglish and spanish. cool. 




Jorge went to teh priesthood session. BEFORE BAPTISM! first time i had ever seen his wear a suit and tie. felt pretty good to see him take it seriously. he will be baptised(FINALLY) Saturday. KEEP PRAYING FOR HIM! just in case opposition comes

also found our menos active we are rescuing go to conference. first time i have seen him in a tie as well. adn he said he has a fried he would like us to meet! REFERENCE! awesome! 

this week we contacted 115 people! our goal is 70.... feeling pretty good. 

kim hamilton: rob dows son is my zone leader. elder dow. 

GENEREAL CONFERENCE! 
enjoyed PB&J sandwiched for the first time in A LOOOONNG time with the fellow american missionaries as we listened to our profeta and his 12 in INGLES! it felt like a piece of home. 

a run down: i felt like the theme of this conference, or what stood out to me was, the importance of LOVE and RELATIONSHIPS in the home. maybe, it means i need to treat my companion better. oh no.... but it made me think of what is going on in the world. i only know little El Bosque. 

things that stood out to me. hermana gonzales. a 20year old sister missionary in a foreign country: 
Hale: 
obedience. obedient to mans law or to my knowledge IS NOT OBEDIENCE! and it takes self mastry to discern between this and obedience to God. 
rationilization does not change the spiritual consequences. 
obedience makes us stronger to  endure to the end.
Zivic : LOVED HIS TALK! all of it. you bet ill be looking htis one up again. 

Holland: cool story about hte sister missionaries eh? DEFEND YOUR BELIEFS! it takes courage and courtasy. sometimes i forget to be courteous when i want to tell people (bible bashers) how DANG CONFUSED THEY ARE! but i hold my tong. or an angel does it for me.... anyway....
burdens. worry. just want to weep. the painful part of descipleship. i often ask myself "isnt the gospal supposed to make you HAPPY? then why am i so grumpy or discouraged!" its part of the burden of salvation i guess....
GOd is not a "comfortable God". doesnt only speak soothing words. is not passive.  he corrects. he teaches. 
and love, christlike love, may not be the most popular. 

sis,. reeves:
nothing takes presidence over your spouce! 
she shared a special experience she had with her daughter about kneeling in prayer and the honest conversation they shared. it brought a tear to my eye and filled my heart with gratitude for my own mother. Brenda simko. as she tenderly taught me and prayed with me and we hsared momentsl ike this. and in that moment i prayed to my father in heaven that i could be a mom l ike my own mom. that i could share moments like this with my future daughter. 
she also said
its ok if hte house is a mess, the kids are still intheir PJS what s important is the scriptures adn prayer. and i said yet another prayer, thanking my father in heaven that my mom MADE SURE we had this. scripture and prayer. same time everyday with out fail. GO MOM! i feel bad for all the opposition i ever gave. sorry..... 

anderson: same proportoion of spreading hte gospal, so will satan and his power...
(idk if that made sense) just know that the opposition IS REAL! but 
trees that grow up in windy environment grow up stronger. and god is taking care of us. adn preparing us.

Eyring:
never force righteousness. it MUST be chosen. (that gave me hope in the less actives. they will learn. if not in this life, in the next. this is all part of gods preporation for them)

if the effects were immediate, there would b no room to develop faith. 
things will work out. 

Uchdorf: LOOKING THIS ONE UP TOO! 
gratitude. sometimes, i think, maybe if i learn to be more grateful my burdens of salvation will be lightened. lol 
when my world is falling apart, adnim ian imperfect missionary, i need to remember, be thankful IN circumstances, not FOR things. happiness or gratitud is NOT the number of blessings. 
gratitude is humility and fosters empahty. ( need more empathy) especially when i am listening to excuses of why people didnt keep committments. 
a thankful heart is the parent of all virtues. 
you bet ill be working on that the next..... rest of my life. 

Bednar:
parable of the Truck, the snow and the wood. 
just go read it. i could never do its justice. i have too much to say about this one. it will forever be close to my heart. 
i love bednar. he is so inspired. and i am learning yet agian, what it means to have strength beyond my own.
burdens are made light not cause he takes them away, but cause he strengthens us. he will carry just enough to help us remember that we need him. 
 
MOnson
charity in the home. 

well, that is all i have time for. THIS IS MODERN DAY SCRIPTURE! and i KNOW (and i taught this a dozen times this week) that if the savior were here on the earth today, standinga t the pulpit on the tv screen,. he would be saying ALL THE SAME words they said. cause we need it. and its specific for us. 
the church is true. gen conf is  a fruit of its truthfulness. 
con amor
hna gonzales

No comments:

Post a Comment