Monday, June 2, 2014

California here I come!

Dearest family and friends. i have  A LOT to report. mostly cause i sent a very short and sad email last week. so now i kinda have double to shard. heheheheh 
 
first of all 
SHOUT OUT! 
DANIELLE IS BAPTIZED! congrats my littlest sister. you are now an official member of the True Church! I AM SO PROUD! and its funny, cause sunday, in Gospal doctorines class, we had to talk about baptism. and in this class they are all in vestigators and recent converst. and i got to talk about my little sister. and how she was getting confirmed that very day,. they were all warmed and happy to hear about it. as was i. what a blessing
 
Bro. Boucher
I GOT YOUR PACKAGE!!!! i was spoiled by my favorite seminary teacher as he sent me an adorable book of daily scritpures, THE YUMMIEST CHOCOLATE EVER! (it requires A LOT of charity to share this stuff) and a figuring of the last supper. it is BEAUTIFUL and it even looks italian. and your letter made me laugh and cry. thank you SO SO MUCH! and im so glad you compare me to a DOG! jk lol it was awesome
 
also, happy birthday to MIKE!!! Aunt Bobbi and Porter this week!!!! WHAT A GOOD MONTH for birthdays. 
ok.
 so last week i took my first trip out of my bubble in el bosque to the furthest part of the mission to do interchanges, aka, work visits, i was so nervous! i have never traveled in peru before. and you bet i as biting my nais like crazy! im so glad my companion is peruvian and knew what she was doing. we had to take a taxi and two buses to get there. a two hour trip! but it was AWESOME! and i got to visit and do interchagnes with my dauhter. and she is tearing it UP out there! her area is HUGE and its all fields of sugar cane. it is beautiful! i thought she was kidding when she said we are goin to that mountain.... the mountain on the other side of the valley. but she wasnt kidding. we went, we taught, i got bit and it was AWESOME! and she has 3 baptisms. couldnt be more proud.
and we got there adn back in one piece. SUCCESS!! 
 
also this week we had "concilio". or leadership meeting. where we talked about how we can better the mission and then went to service. we did service at an orphanage. where we cleaned up their yards and played with the kids. it wasnt really service. it was play time. and it was A BLAST! those kids are ADORABLE! it broke my heart but it felt so good to make cute new friends and help them feel love from their Father in Heaven. 
 
that was awesome. 

Service day at the orphanage

 
then we had changes. "THE CALL"
AND I LEAVING EL BOSQUE!!!!!!!!!! 
i never thought this day would come! well.... i knew it would come but i hated thinking about it. 
tonight we are doing a super FHE with the ward members where ill leave them with my testimony and leave them to take care of my cnoverts. and where ill shed a few tears 
then by this time tomorrow i will be in California. cali USA!!!!!
 
ahahahah 
 
JUST KIDDING
 
California PERU. but funny riht?? it happens to be zona Central. its the Presidents Ward. ill be sister leader there and all the office elders are in our zone. mom was right when she said president wanted to keep me close. im a little nervous. but he is a busy man. im sure he will  hardly notice. 
my companion is awesome. her name is Hermana Paiva. she was MY sister leader a while ago, and if you remember i had an experience with her where we put our feet in the river and talked about the atonement. she is a sweet sister and i love her very much. im excited to be workin with her. 
she also, acts like the princess from enchanted. if you can imagine. i will be living with rainbows and butterflies for i dont know how long. its gonna be good!!!! 
 
thats the latest. the church is STILL true! i love you all. i love hte Lord. i love this Work. and i am excited for how the Lord is going to shape me. 
 
con amor
hermana gonzales 

No comments:

Post a Comment