Tuesday, July 16, 2013

La Vida es Buena

Dearest Family and friends
lets see...... where to start.
I got my soul read this week by a guy named Juan. He said that my soul resembles Mini Mouse, and the girl bunny from Lunni Tunes..... mmmmm ok? strange. but then he said something along the lines of "my ancestors have been working on me, i want God in my life, Baptise me!" so we are working with him. after i said the closing prayer after our visit/ lesson i noticed something different. i said Juan, how do you feel right now? after a moment he said, i feell ike the clouds just parted on a cloudy day and sun came through. i said Juan my firend, that is the Holy Ghost. That feeling is God's love for you. Your Father in Heaven loves you very much. can you feel it? he said "yes". and he became emotional. it was powerful. i hope he commits to baptism.
 
 I was asked to give the opening prayer in Sacrament meeting. that was kind of intimidatin. We put on a big Noche De Hogar about the Restoration, (it was pretty much a play) and we wrote it! it was AWESOME and super spiritual. My main role was at the piano. lol im the only on in who plays piano. Which is kind of fun. this week we were asked to teach primary and do singing time in nursery. that was fun too! i need to learn the primary songs in spanish though. i only know Head shoulders knees and toes.
 
this week, i got a lot more Cheffa (crap) about my last name. my favorite "your nam is gonzales?" i replied "si" and they said "how?" HOW? HOW AM I A GONZALES! if i could, i would go off on them in spanish.... lol ok i guess he had a good question. i dont know how im a gonzales. lol. but im learning! its coming. We played telephone for Noche De Hogar, and of course, the ward teased me that i messed it up the worst.... it was pretty funny. Ok the spanish isnt THAT bad. its coming. i learn more and more everyday. i can understand more too! thats what im the most excited about. when people ask me where im from i reply i say Utah and they say "la Fabrica" which means "the factory". i learned this week that our area is called "dirty pamona". why? well i figured out why when we went down one street and there were a few stip clubs and bars and dirty bilboards..... welcome to Dirty Pamona. awesome.
 
this week in my personal study i learned patience. i have had to learn patience, because i feel like we are not being successful. my tears have watered my pillow by night in behalf of these people. no one seems to get it! we cant seem to find the ones that have been prepared, as soon as i think we get somewhere, we get dropped! grrrr..... its ok. ill just keep working dilligently. i learned thats waht patience is. its in Gods time, not mine,a dn i just need to keep sanctifying myself to be worthy of this work.
 
maybe my journal entry can give a little more insight of my feeligns from this week.
 
7/12/13
"Dear Journal,
I need to learn spanish! it hits me again and again and it hurts every time. this is kicking my butt. i feel like im not fulfilling my purpose. iand hard. i was so blessed witht he best, most patient and sweet companions. i needed these girls tonight. i needed them in my life. i know that a big reason i was brought to arcadia was to know these girls. i ahve learned, and have  A LOT to learn from tehm. ia m blessed. i am weak, but i am blessed.
Love sis. gonzales"
 
Sis connely said "dont be too hard on yourself. about week 3 and 4 it hits every missionary." and she told me her "week4"story about her "idioma breakdown" is what they call it. and sis vallinga confessed that she has been out 8 months and my spanish was better than hers. (which is kind of true) we study to gether a lot. i love her.  A LOT!
they are good to me. they are kind and patient and they help me a ton. i am very blessed.
well.
we had our mission conference this week too! biggest water fight of my LIFE! it was a total blast! and i contintue to make friends. there was a basketball 3 pt shot contest. adn all these elders were going and doing pretty good. after about 12 elders, i walked up all stuck up like iwas about to show them who's boss. Presidetn Becerra said "wait arent you the visa waiter?" i said "ya. whats it to ya?" he said "you cant shoot!' i said, "presidetn, let me show you how us Visa waiters roll.... just watch!" (mind you, this was infront of the whole mission. about 200 missionaries). the court fell silent, i took the position, the pressure was on...i tried not to think abuot all the times i fouled out of ward ball.... then, quickly i turned around, bent over and shot the ball through my legs! ya FROM UPSIDE DOWN! and guess what ..... I MADE IT!
ok just kidding.... but it was DANG CLOSE! like it hit the rim at a great angle! it should have gone in! and all teh missionaries started cheering for the visa waiter! TAKE THAT PRESIDENT! it was a goodfun day and my nose got a little burnt.
 
well thats the latest and greatest
opposition in all things.
the church is still true, my faith is a little stronger this week adn my conversion a little deeper. isnt that what missions are for?
 
love Hna Gonzales

No comments:

Post a Comment