Thursday, June 20, 2013

I'VEBEENHERETOOLONGGETMEOUTOFHERE!!!

Dearest Family, Friends, support team, loved ones, etc etc etc,
 
Well. THings are mostly the same here at the good old MTC. IM STILL HERE!!! week seven actually.  I am curretnly waiting for my visa. ok STILL waiting for my visa! we get reassigned today. :D ill keep ya posted. havent found anything out yet.  Everyone in my district left this week. Everyone except three. Me and my companion and Elder Call. he has to wear a "SOLO" sticker on his tag so no one gets mad at him for not having a companion. We are a district of three. its kinda fun! we get one on one time with our teachers who help with spanish and teaching. We get to help the newer districts with their spanish too! which is nice. It helps me learn even better.
 
This last sunday the MTC pres. wife asked is to perform our musical number for all the departing missionaries! yes we auditioned it but i didnt tell anyone. lol. we auditioned it three weeks ago! and funny story, they told us we were in the YES pile but never contacted us for 2 1/2 weeks. so we gave up and turned in our music. THEN!!!! the friday before, we got a little note in our box asking us to perform! BUT WE TURNED IN THE MUSIC! what to do what to do... panic panic.... pray...panic.... we went to the music library and it was CLOSED! our music was locked up! PANIC PANIC...... PRAY SOME MORE!....
we talked the front desk into breaking in and helping us steal it. YESS! answer to prayers. no more panic panic. happy day.
we obtained the music behind the librarians back and performed for about 600 missionaries. THe spirit was strong. I got chocked up towards the end of the song. There was a point, where i forgot who i was singing infront of and i just sang with my whole heart. I sang my testimony as a prayer to God. Expressing my Joy and gratitude for the savior. "How Great Thou art!" i cant think of a better way to say it. And it brought me courage and comfort as i am preparing to go into the world and invite people to come to Christ. And when i realized what i was saying and what i was really doing here, i almost lost it! Then i sang about When Christ shall come and i will humbly kneel and in adoration there proclaim "My God how great thou art" then my soul will sing, to my savior, and i can tell him thank you. I can soak his feet with my tears and express my love and deep desire to be the very best for him. It was like i had angels with me that night. It was like i was Singing to God Himself, as a prayer straight to him. It was one of the most beautiful spiritual experiences i think i've had here in the MTC.
And combined with the violin and the beautiful piano arrangement, the spirit was jsut so strong. I hope the missionaries who left this week felt encouraged and strengthened.
This week we were released as sister training leaders. (even though everyone still asks us everything) lol. The new ones are in a trio and they are the only sisters in their district. they are doing an outstanding job. :D
 
I learned this week that Trujillo Peru is where the Peru Mofia started. :) thought mom would get a kick out of that. and about 20 years ago they had to close the mission cause it was so dangerous. lol
 
The prophet comes on Sunday! im super stoked! ill be in the choir for the broadcast. but so are about 1200 other missionaries, which is on ly 1/3 of the MTC.... so LOOK FOR ME! lol (not that you'll be able to find me lol)
not sure where ill be sitting, but i know ill be wearing either a white or green shirt. :)

got a good work out this week. sore. ouch. but feel good.
Thats the latest and greatest. Still working on charity, patience, virtue, faith and hope. these are charactersitics of christ taht i have studied. I also started reading Jesus the Christ with is SO awesome! theaches you A LOT about each of these thigns. I've been listening to conference talks in spanish which is fun.
Hope everyone saw the lds.org video to dads for fathers day. that moved me to tears! TWICE! yes i watched two times in a row it was THAT good!
and a SHOUT OUT to the best daddy in the world! and an outstanding step dad who both have raised their children in rightousness. which i can imagine is hard in a world like ours. What a blessing. We are so blessed.
The church is true!
Hurrah for Israil! ill send another email later today once i figure out where im going next week .
love you all!
Love sister Gonzales
 

No comments:

Post a Comment