Thursday, June 13, 2013

Talking in My Sleep

Querido Familia y Amigos,
 
What a happy sister Missionary I am right now!
Here is the latest:
 
Got to HOst again this week! there is nothing more fun than welcoming new missionaires to the MTC!!
Was called to be Sister Training Leaders with my comanion. (Equivelant to zone leader just for sisters) and we had a whole new distrcit with 6 sisters and 3 elders come in yesterday! Lots of meetings, and tonight we get to give them a tour of campus. They are adorable and im so excited to get to know them. Sis Worlton and I were so excited we even made name tags to put on their door for each of them. i feel like an efy councilor or like a camp leader or something. SO FUN~!!!!! i have learned what made christ a good leader. Christlike leadership. Its a beautiful thing and what an honor it is to practice the things i have been learnign about the character of Christ. ITs exciting. loving missionary life.
 
No visa yet! STILL!!!! and yesterday we got a note in the mail that we were unable to be reassigned so I will be in the MTC for another  week :) Its like waiting for another mission call! its so exctiing! the note also said that we were to get another note next thursday if we are to be reassigned. then if when we do get reassigned, its one week in advance. so ill probably be here for two more weeks. lol oh well. everything is literall yin the hands of the Lord right now. So I will keep you posted! :D
good news, I will be here for when the PROPHET COMES!!!! I'VE BEEN PRAYING FOR THIS! every like, four or six years they get new mission presidents and the prophet and his apostles come to do a training. This year is different because this leadership trainint meeting is being broadcasted for anyone to watch! and guess what IM IN THE CHOIR so ill be there LIVE and will hopefully get my 3 seconds of fame on the broadcast. I heard you can get tix, so if you'd like to come see the prophet, or better yet ME see if you can snag some and come watch! lol
 
 
It was a beautiful thing when Hermana Worlton said "sis. GOnzales, you were talking in your sleep last night." i said "iorale pues!.... what did i say...?!"she said "i dont know it was ....somethingsomethignmumblemumble...Jose Smith...mubmblemubmel...." I SLEPT TALKED IN SPANISH LAST NIGHT! THE CHURCH IS TRUE! oh you know God hears your prayers when you start dreaming and sleep talking in another language. i mean, it might be the only spanish word that is practically english....but STILL. i was teaching the first lesson in spanish in my DREAM! i was pretty stoked about that.
 
 
So every sunday, the Branch Pres decides who speaks by revelation LAST MINUTE. and when i say last minute, i mean, no one knows who is givign talks in sacrament meeting until sacrament meeting right after the sacrament. like very last minute. therefore, we ALL prepare talks in spanish just in case he picks on us. Well, since Hermana Worlton and i were called as leaders, that meant that most likely one of us would have to speak. and since, Hermana worlton was asked to say the closing prayer, that meant one thing. I didnt realize this until the mornign of church..... and guess who was called out of the congrigation to get up and speak. THIS GIRL! yes. First talk in spanish! IT WAS NERVE WRACKING!!!!! i was like 'CRAP! SIX WEEKS OF SPANISH GONE!" i fel tlike i frogot how to speak spanish, let alone ENGLISH~! The topic was Fe en Jesucristo. Faith in Cristh. Which is a topic that is close to my heart. I said a prayer in my heart, requested some heavenly strength (ok pleaded for heavenly strength) and gave my talk. i hardly looked at my paper. I shared what it was, i shared a scripture and a quote from PMG and my testimony and i sat down. it was A MIRACLE! and i got a few compliments on it too. :D pretty exciting.
 
This week i have learned what it means to have "strength beyond my own". to really rely on the Savior for extra strength. to truly put everything at the alter of the lord, take my weekness and turn it into somehting beautiful. Take me and make me better. I am not Sister Gonzales when i do that. I am then God's. I am then His tool. and i have the strength, and the spirit to get me through the hard times. The patience with myself to learn the language. The humility to take the correction of everyone who seems to get it except me. Sometimes, i just need to take a minute and pray for extra strength. and He freely, quickly gives it. It is real. It is a real power that we have access to every day. Its interesting. I think the Lord has been humbling me so tha tmy heart is in the right place for when the Prophet comes. I need to be completely humble with an open heart and an open mind to recieve the messages i will need, and the inspiration i will need to take into the field with me. THose things will be a source of strength to me there, and the rest of my life. Everything happens for a reason. I wish you were all here with me experiencing everything with me. I wish i could tell you EVERY LITTLE thing i learn and every emotion i feel daily and in every moment. One day we can read my journal. with Porter and byron and nick. The Lord's hand is in everything. EVERYTHING.
 
Thank yo ufor your support and prayers.t hey are definutely felt. Thank you for your love! its a tender mercy. more than you know.
Love you all
 until next week! xoxoxoxo
PRAY FOR THE VISA!
loooooove
Sis. GOnzales
 
hurrah for Israel!

No comments:

Post a Comment